All About T&Z Interior And Exterior Painting Contractors Carol Stream
SERVICES WE DO
Services That Our House Painting
Carol Stream Company Offers!
Learn About The Process Of Renovating Kitchen Cabinets
When estimating the budget for repainting kitchen cabinets, it is vital to examine all of the aspects that contribute to establishing an appropriate budget. The cabinets for a 10-by-12-foot kitchen may cost five thousand dollars or more and be of inferior quality. Nevertheless, a few coats of paint may alter your cabinet refinishing for a portion of the price. The painting might cost $200 and need two weekends to fulfill.
- In the initial steps, the location and cabinets are prepared for painting.
- Clean surfaces and empty cabinets, and remove freestanding items.
- Transfer tables and chairs to a different room.
- To protect the house from dust and pollution, adhere rosin paper to the countertops and floors and plastic sheeting to the backsplash, windows, and utilities that are permanently installed.
- Cover the cabinet's walls.
- Doors, drawers, and shelves are painted on a worktable.
- Brush edges, corners, and roller strokes into the paint tray with enamel paint for trim and cabinet enamel.
- Use enamel to cover the flat portion.
- While cabinet painting the interior, a tiny, smooth surfaced paintbrush produces a rough, orange-peel structure.
- Wrap the applicator and paint with plastic bags to keep them from solidifying while the first coat dries.
- Sand lightly between coats, and then clean up.
- Coat the cabinet again. This finish should completely cover the wood, with no spaces or narrow places.
After being painted:
- When the second coat has dry, reconnect the door and cabinet sides. Take joy in the fact that you are able to change the look of your kitchen cabinets refinishing them without investing a great deal of time or money.
- After each door has been hung in its original opening, the tape covering the door numerals should be eliminated and knobs and latches should be installed.
- After moving (or adding) cabinet pulls to the proper place, reinstall each cabinet.